- You receive the error “Cannot connect to server because user’s name or password are not correct” when trying to connect to a Windows 2003 Server shared resource from Mac OS X
- This has been reported on Mac OS X 10.4
Windows Server 2003 is attempting to digitally sign all inwards communications which is not supported.
- On the Windows 2003 machine, open Group Policy Management Console by clicking Start > Run
- Type gpmc.msc and press OK
- Expand the Domain Controllers branch
- Right click on Default Domain Controller Policy and click Edit. Group Policy Editor will open.
- Expand the following branches in the left pane: Computer Configuration > Windows Settings > Security Settings > Security Options
- Locate the following setting in the right pane: Microsoft network client: Digitally sign communications (always)
- Double click the setting and choose Disable > Click OK
- Reboot Windows 2003 Server
- Following the reboot, try to connect from the Mac using Finder > Go > Connect to Server and typing in your connection details as you did before getting the error message.